The team consists of more than 70 multi-skilled professionals and provides extensive coverage on a wide range of services to all Clifford Chance's offices. The team is divided into 5 streams, matching the core functions at Clifford Chance:
- Atlas Data services: The team provides financial information like WIP/Debt, matter details, billings, sector related information, recovery, billed hours, WIP hours etc about CC Clients
- BD Reporting: The team prepares various reports for the Client Focus Team based in London. These reports contain financial data, including details about open/ closed matters, client contacts, invoice details and amounts for various CC clients
- CC Global Transaction & Advisory Database (GTAD) Support: The team maintains and updates information in GTAD (such as client name, partner name, deal value, summary etc.) through a series of e-mails and GTAD tool tracking functions. In addition, the team also maintains a Metrics Report to track the real time status of every matter logged in GTAD and supports various business development activities such as submissions, pitches etc
- Central Data Management (CDM) Services: CDM is a process that manages the Clifford Chance's Global Client and Contact Management Database via a software called InterAction. This process aims to provide a detailed overview of the client and contact data across all practice areas and geographical locations
The HR Operations team is responsible for preparing various HR related reports i.e. Overtime Report, New Joiner's Probationary Period and various other HR Analytics reports. In addition, the team also updates the room moves data in PeopleSoft, the job title changes and appraisal of trainee lawyers received from respective supervisors etc.
- Alerter Administration: The team supports the Honk Kong and Amsterdam K&I teams in publishing newsletters via CC Online Services
- Business Research: The team provides research and information on companies, industries and markets trends
- Client Acceptance Research: The team performs the initial research function for the client acceptance teams of the Conflicts & Clearance Centre (UK and USA) at Clifford Chance. The process involves obtaining evidence regarding the client to enable the Group Companies to determine the overall suitability of the prospective clients
- Company Searches: The team performs company searches (like mortgage details, insolvency history etc.) by accessing "company house direct link". In addition, the team also assists the Finance & Capital Markets (F&CM) team in London by updating the prospectus records in the High Yield Index Spread Sheet
- Information Sourcing: The team works closely with Central Information Resources to carry out various library management tasks which includes activities such as recording orders for books and loose leafs on a library management system and following up with book suppliers to ensure deliveries are made on time
- Research & Publications: The team prepares 'alerters' for the Energy and Finance client groups. In addition, the team also provides the lawyers and the BD teams with an overview of the developments and activities in the chosen jurisdiction and subjects by means of various cyclic newsletters
- Secretarial Support services include diary management, travel bookings, uploading information on Clifford Chance's online tools, sending Held Time reminders
- Contract Management services involves data maintenance and analysis of the contracts of various suppliers to Clifford Chance via a tool called Rosslyn Analytics (Rapid). The team supports the Clifford Chance Global Procurement team with detailed spend analysis, contract management, contract related alerts, procurement tracking and maintaining preferred supplier lists
Activities covered by Training Support include the preparation of new hire induction packs for Clifford Chance Business Services' training team, scheduling Academy courses and supporting the London Academy team in carrying out administrative tasks.